Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chocolate Fountains and the Flu

Our weekend was filled with both. We had a Chocolate Fountain Party for some of our friends, and a lot of the actors from my teenager's Shakespeare group. Unfortunately, 2 hours before the party was to begin, my little one got. . .unmistakeable sings of the flu, if you know what I mean. We notified as many folks as we could, and the party went on as scheduled--the chocolate must go on!--but my little one was sick all of yesterday and today we're just taking it super-easy. It's our normal Homeschool Park Day, and it's pouring outside, so we wouldn't have gone anyway. It's kind of nice just slogging around the house. It's pathetic that I need "sick days" to remind me to live at a slower pace, but there you go ;) A nearby library, a stocked pantry, two warm and healthy kids to snuggle--it just doesn't get any better for this homeschooling mama. Once Papa gets home, perhaps we'll all watch a family video. What's your favorite wholesome video for a rainy, relaxed day?

No comments: