Saturday, March 21, 2009

Long time gone!

Sorry to my faithful readers (hi, mom!), I've been so busy lately! My oldest daughter's Shakespearean group is producing The Tempest, and last night was the 2nd of 4 performances this week. The parents do tons of work with this company, as in most theater companies (see www.youthshakes.org). Last night, we arrived at our regular place of performance only to find that our "green room" had been converted to a "book-sale-next-week" room, leaving no room for any of the actors to change, do hair and make-up, etc. Yikes! After some frantic phone calls, we found another room, and are back in the saddle. Last night's performance was better than ever, and the actors are all so enjoyable to watch!

Well, I've got to get going and prep for tonight--I'm doing Caliban's dreadful hair!

What is your favorite Shakespearean play? I'm a huge As You Like It fan, myself.

No comments: